Absolute Health Terms & Conditions
Please note that to receive treatments by any of the therapists at Absolute Health in Leicester, you must agree to all of these conditions. If you have any queries please ask to speak to the clinic director.
- “we”, “us”, “Absolute Health” refers to the clinic run by BB Osteopaths Limited.
- “you”, “client”, “patient” refers to a customer of Absolute Health.
- By becoming or being a customer at the Absolute Health Clinic, your agreement with these terms and conditions is implied.
- These terms and conditions may be updated at our discretion without prior notice.
- It is your responsibility to read and understand these terms and conditions, a written copy of which is available on request.
- You may book appointments with us in person, by telephone or by email.
- New patients will need to make payment for their first session in advance (or to provide a deposit of at least £25).
- Advanced bookings may be refused to clients who have missed appointments without giving at least 48 hours notice.
- The contents of the clinic diary are confidential. You should not attempt to view the diary when making a booking in person.
- We recommend that you arrive before your appointment time, allowing sufficient travel time during the traffic rush hours.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we may reschedule your treatment for another time and you may be charged a late cancellation fee of £25.
- If you arrive late and agree to receive a shorter treatment than normal, you agree to pay the full cost of that treatment.
Appointment confirmation and cancellations
- If you provide a landline telephone number (rather than a mobile telephone number), we will attempt to call you before the day of your treatment to confirm the time and date of your booking.
- If you provide us with a mobile telephone number, we may send you a SMS text message to confirm the date and time of your booking.
- If you provide us with an email address, we may send you an email message to confirm the date and time of your booking.
- We accept no responsibility for missed appointments when we have not sent you a reminder message.
- If you give us less than 48 hours notice when cancelling a booking or do not attend an appointment, you agree to pay a cancellation charge: £25 for appointments that would have taken less than 30 minutes, or the full cost of your treatment if your appointment would have taken 30 minutes or more. These charges may be waived in exceptional circumstances.
- We sometimes need to contact you to change the time and/or date of your booking. Whenever possible, we will give you as much notice as we can when doing this. In the instance of unforeseen staff illness, we may be forced to reschedule your appointment at short notice. No discounts will be offered in these circumstances.
- Our practitioners are not obliged to treat you if they deem treatment is not appropriate for any reason.
- All new Chiropody/Podiatry and Osteopathy patients will only be treated after receiving an initial consultation which may involve physical examination or advice. If, after consultation, no treatment is to be offered, only the consultation fee will be payable.
- Before receiving certain treatments (e.g. for verrucae or nail surgery) you may be asked to complete a consent form. If you refuse to sign such a consent form then that treatment will not be performed and further treatment may be declined to you.
- If you have read and decline to accept these terms and conditions, no treatment will be offered.
- We may ask you for payment in advance, in order to secure any booking. This payment is non-refundable in the absence of mitigating circumstances but may be put towards the cost of future treatment or any cancellation charges that apply.
- Mitigating circumstances include genuine, unforeseen ill health or personal crisis.
- In the majority of cases, payment is completed on the day of treatment. If you do not pay in full on the day of your treatment, we will not accept further bookings from you until any outstanding amounts have been paid in full.
- We accept payment by cash and debit/credit cards (but not cheques, nor Lavish/Tesco etc. vouchers). Till receipts for debit & credit cards can be printed or sent as an email or SMS text message. A full printed receipt can be requested if needed for claiming costs back from an employer or health insurance scheme.
- If your treatment relates to an insurance claim and we accept you as a patient, having agreed fees in advance with your insurer, we will invoice your insurer after you have been discharged (you will not need to pay up front).
- If you have cover with a private (cash-back) health scheme - e.g. Simply Health - you will need to pay for each treatment and claim back the cost yourself (a receipt will be provided for this purpose). To avoid disappointment, please check with your insurer (before receiving treatment) that the therapy is covered by your scheme. Podiatry and Osteopathy treatments should be covered by all health insurance schemes, but AXA PPP Healthcare Limited and BUPA Insurance Limited are unlikely to reimburse you for our treatments due to their restrictive policies.
Payment by telephone
- We can accept payment by telephone using a debit or credit card. To do this we need your full card details and the address where the card is registered. All security data will be handled in the strictest confidence and will not be retained in the clinic after payment is authorised.
- If required, we can post a clinic receipt to you, if you provide us with a stamped, addressed envelope.
- If you have a complaint about the service you have received at Absolute Health please speak to one of the clinic managers.
- If the clinic manager is unable to resolve your complaint at the time, you may put your complaint in writing to the directors of BB Osteopaths Limited for further consideration.
- If your complaint relates to Osteopathic treatment please request a separate Complaints Procedure form.
- We will refuse treatment to customers who behave in an ill-mannered, aggressive or hostile way towards any member of staff or other clients of the clinic.
- Customers who bring children with them are responsible for keeping the children quiet and under control during their visit and if any child causes disruption we will cancel your appointment and ask you to leave.
- At our discretion, we can offer a full refund on retail products if they are unused, in their original packaging, in a fully saleable condition and are accompanied by proof of purchase, presented within 28 days of purchase.
- We do not offer a refund for treatments unless we acknowledge that the service received was below the professional standard we strive to achieve.
Data handling / privacy
- Any information you give us during your consultation or treatment is protected under the Data Protection Act.
- Your records may be kept on paper or electronically.
- We will not pass any of your details on to anyone outside of Absolute Health without your express permission. An example of someone we might contact on your behalf is your doctor if we feel you need medical investigation of some kind.
- We may use your contact details to send you (via post or electronically) information about new treatments, newsletters or special offers unless you write to us to decline this service.
- We will only use your telephone number for contacting you about your appointments or treatment received. We will never use your telephone number for 3rd party marketing purposes.
Clinic noise whilst 'quiet treatments' are in progress
- We sometimes provide quiet, relaxing treatments to customers; for example, massage, Bowen therapy, reflexology. We will let you know when this is happening. We ask that you switch your mobile telephone to silent and do not raise your voice during these times.
- Gift vouchers are valid for six months from the date they are issued. The date of expiry is written on each gift voucher. At our discretion we may allow a gift voucher to be used after the expiry date – an administrative charge of £5 will be deducted from the value of any replacement voucher.
- We will not accept gift vouchers that have been defaced or tampered with in any way.
- If you receive a gift voucher which has a treatment description on it, you may use the full value paid for the gift voucher towards any other treatment (including purchase of retail items).
- The cost of treatment may have changed since the gift voucher was issued: the value of each gift voucher reflects the amount paid for it, not the cost of treatment at the time the gift voucher is used. You may need to pay the difference between the cost of treatment and the value of the gift voucher.
These terms and conditions may be altered from time to time without prior notice. Changes will be reflected on this webpage. Last updated on 15th July 2023.